Are you a developer of an eco-innovation? Are you a VSE or an SME? Do you want to gain the trust of buyers and decision-makers and enter new markets around the world? The ETV, issued by the CSTB, an approved Verification Body, provides credible evidence of your innovation’s environmental performance and reduces the technological risks for buyers. This service, which is international in scope, supports the development of your solution for the French and global markets.
The ETV procedure
The ETV is a voluntary procedure initiated by vendors of innovative green technologies.
The ETV is a third-party assessment that provides objective, reliable evidence on the environmental performance of green technologies released to the market.
It is internationally recognized and can be issued by national organizations qualified by the public authorities in their country.
In France, the ADEME (the French Environment and Energy Management Agency) has referenced the CSTB as verification organism for green technologies, to substantiate their performance levels and publish the corresponding reports on its own website and on the ETV website.
As a Verification Body, the CSTB offers ETV services in the treatment and monitoring of water and air and in energy production technologies:
Air monitoring and treatment (COFRAC accreditation required)
Monitoring and reduction of air pollution
Water monitoring and treatment
Monitoring of water quality, treatment of drinking water and wastewater, etc.
Energy production technologies (COFRAC accreditation required)
Renewable energy, energy from waste, energy efficiency technologies, etc.
For water and energy ETV services, the verification body must be accredited by the COFRAC in accordance with the NF EN ISO CEI 17020 standard. The CSTB is accredited by the COFRAC for verification/inspection (no. 3-1565, available at www.cofrac.fr).
Advantages for system designers
- The ETV is a verification procedure with an international scope.
- The ETV will help you reach international customers by demonstrating that your product offers the expected performance levels corresponding to the targeted markets.
- The ETV provides information on the performance levels of new technologies arriving on markets, in order to differentiate from competing products.
- The ETV helps convince investors of the potential of new activities and investments.
How it works
The CSTB guides innovators through all the phases of the evaluation:
- Pre-evaluation phase, to verify the eligibility of the technology: does the ETV match the objectives of your company?
- Proposal phase to take an inventory of the documents to be provided: are the tests that have already been conducted admissible and sufficient? What are the environmental claims made by the innovator?
- Protocol preparation phase for each innovation, to define the verification parameters and evaluate the available data. Are additional tests needed?
- Testing phase if necessary.
- Evaluation and verification phase of the data provided, resulting in a report drafted by the CSTB.
- Publication phase on the website evaluation.cstb.fr to highlight the green technology and its environmental performance levels.
Requesting an ETV
The ETV procedure is eligible for the innovation aid programs of the ADEME (the French Environment and Energy Management Agency), which is in charge of administering this program in France. Price: €19,900 excl. VAT
Contact us so we can help you define your ETV: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more: