Manufacturers adopt the certification process voluntarily because they want to promote the quality of their products and associated services. The CSTB's protection measures against misuse of its marks defend the integrity of the marks issued and ensure that the investment of mark-holders in the design and management of their products and services is properly identified and rewarded.
The NF, QB, ECAU and ACERMI marks issued by the CSTB may only be used by companies which have obtained authorization to do so. Use of the logos of these marks must comply with the rules set out in the associated reference systems.
The CSTB's mark protection strategy includes actions to identify any person or organization infringing on the property rights of the CSTB and certification holders. The CSTB is committed to taking legal action against said persons or organizations. The protection of our marks against misuse or forgery helps defend their value.
You may use this form to report any misuse of a certification mark managed by the CSTB (QB, NF, ECAU, ACERMI, etc.).
Personal Data Protection
In accordance with the legal and regulatory provisions in force relating to the protection of Personal Data, we undertake to implement the means to ensure the protection, confidentiality and security of Personal Data of persons submitting the form to report misuse of a certification mark.
The present Charter provides you with information about how we collect your Personal Data, i.e. information pertaining to you as a physical person and which identifies you.
The present Charter applies to you in the following manner:
- when you submit the form to report misuse of a certification mark,
- in the context of our legal obligations.
1. Entity responsible for Data Control and the Data Protection Officer
The Scientific and Technical Center for Building (CSTB), a public organization of an industrial and commercial nature, headquartered at 84 avenue Jean-Jaurès, 77420 - Champs-sur-Marne, registered under the number 775 688 229 in the Trade and Companies Register of Meaux, represented by Étienne Crépon, as President (hereinafter referred to as the CSTB), is responsible for your Personal Data, in its capacity as a data controller.
The CSTB has appointed a Data Protection Officer. For any information regarding the processing of your Personal Data, you may contact the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
2. The Personal Data Collected
Except in the case of an anonymous report, the Personal Data we collect includes:
- the Personal Data you provide directly in the form above.
3. Recipients of your Personal Data
The Personal Data we collect is intended for:
- the internal departments of the CSTB and its subcontractors,
- public authorities and entities to whom we are legally required to submit the data.
The Personal Data collected may be processed outside the European Union. The CSTB takes all necessary steps with its subcontractors to ensure an adequate level of protection of your Personal Data, in accordance with applicable regulations. Further information is available upon simple request at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. The Purposes
When you provide us with your Personal Data, we limit the use of this data to the purpose for which it was collected.
We may collect your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- the verification, analysis and processing of the reported misuse (improper use, forgery, deceptive marketing practices),
- the resolution of disputes, defense of the interests of the CSTB, detection and prevention of fraud and misuse,
- to ensure compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations as defined by the legislation in force.
5. Storage of your Personal Data
We store your Personal Data:
- depending on the purpose of the processing,
- within the legally prescribed duration
6. Management of your Personal Data
Within the limits established by law, you have a right of access, rectification, and erasure of your Personal Data. You may also oppose the processing carried out, request its limitation, make a request for the portability of your Personal Data, and provide directives regarding your Personal Data in the event of death.
You may exercise these rights or ask questions pertaining to the management of your data by sending an email to: email@example.com. In the absence of a response within the legal deadlines, you have the possibility to lodge a complaint with the French Data Protection Authority (CNIL), the supervisory authority in charge of compliance with Personal Data obligations in France.